My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Vegan gluten-free waffles that require less than 30 minutes! Wholesome, naturally sweetened, and customizable with spices and fruit!
1. Combine almond milk and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and let set for a few minutes to curdle/activate. Then add olive oil, agave nectar or maple syrup and whisk. Set aside.
2. Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated. Test batter for sweetness and flavor. Add more sweetener or some vanilla extract if desired. I added a touch more agave.
4. Let set for 5-10 minutes while your waffle iron preheats. (I set mine to 4 out of 5 for a crispier waffle, but adjust yours according to preference.)
5. Once waffle iron is ready, generously coat with non-stick spray and pour on about 1/2 cup of batter. Cook according to manufacturer instructions and then remove and place on a baking rack in a 200 degree oven to keep warm. Do not stack and instead keep them in a single layer to ensure crispiness remains.
6. Serve immediately with desired toppings, such as fresh cherry-berry compote and more maple syrup. Store leftovers in a freezer safe bag and reheat in the toaster for best results (see notes for more instructions). Will keep in the freezer for up to a couple of months, although they’re freshest within the first couple of weeks.