Everyone needs a fuss-free, no-bake dessert up their sleeve, and if chocolate is involved well all the better right?
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 50g dates
- 40g pecans or cashew nuts
1. Soak chia seeds in a bowl with 8 tbsp of water and leave aside. Place all the base layer ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined and sticking together. Press the mixture into the bottom of an inch-deep tray.
2. Next, place all the topping ingredients in the processor with the chia seeds and most of the water then blend until smooth. Stop to taste the mix, and if you like it a bit sweeter add a little more maple syrup.
3. Scoop the topping out and smear on top of the base layer, then put the tray in the freezer for at least an hour. Once it’s set it’s ready to cut into portions. You can store it in the fridge and it will last a week, or in freezer if you’ve done a big batch.