Try making this gluten-free Elite Fruity Chocolate Organic Waffles Recipe for breakfast. It goes well with any Elite Protein-infused green smoothie. Definitely the perfect way to have a plant based protein filled breakfast!
*Makes 4 to 5 eight-inch organic waffles
For the Organic Waffles, you will need:
- 2 ½ cups of organic oat flour
- ½ cup of Elite Protein (Chocolate)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. of cornstarch
- A Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup of Almond Milk
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ tsp. cloves
- Thinly-sliced fresh fruits for topping
For the Syrup, you will need:
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Elite Protein (Vanilla)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extrac
How to make the syrup:
- Mix Elite Protein (Vanilla), almond milk, buttermilk, butter and organic/coconut sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to boil. Boil for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla into the mixture. Set Aside.
How to make the waffles:
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until lumps are dissolved. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter onto the waffle iron and cook until firm.
- Add sliced fresh fruits on top of the waffles. Drizzle pre-made vanilla syrup over the waffles and fresh fruits. If you want a sweeter version, sprinkle organic sugar or coconut sugar until you achieve your desired sweetness.